Re: pngquant (Was: amap-align, boxshade and dialign ready for upload?)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:

(or recommending) graphical programs in our packages. The "problem"
was including pngquant in our SVN (because it isn't related to our
work).

Perfectly all right.  There is no need to have the package in our
SVN to finally show up in the tasks package.  It just shows with
"No homepage available" and this should be fixed.  It is just a
"normal" wishlist bug against a "randoem" package.

pngquant and pngnq try to do the same thing: reduce the color number
of an image (the final image size is smaller, but it loses some
information)

Yes, and according to my research some time ago pngquant did a better job
in this ...