Re: Packaging Mauve and libClustalW

Le Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 09:48:50AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

>            libClustalW-1.8.4.tar.gz    clustalw-1.83
> License:   GPL                         non-free
> AUTHORS:   no information given        Julie D. Thompson,
>                                        Desmond G. Higgins,
>                                        Toby J. Gibson
> Last code
> Timestamp  15. November 2006           29. Jan 2003
> Source
> files                11 files identical (one name change)
>                      22 changed (one further name change

Hi Andreas,

I am already in contact with the upstream authors of Clustal W for
unrelated licence issues. I will ask them about
libClustalW-1.8.4.tar.gz. My gut feeling is that it violates Clustal W's
licence, that does not allow to change the code.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org