Packaging Mauve and libGenome

Hi,

as I mentioned in my previous mail[0] about Mauve[1] I continue to analyse
the prerequisites.  Luckily we have libboost in Debian.  The next one
is libGenome.  There is a tarball for download provided on the Mauve
download page[2].  The tarball has version number 1.3, License is GPL,
autotools and libtool is used and authors are mentioned in AUTHORS file.
Seems fine so far.

I'm a little bit concerned about the real upstream source which I was
not able to find.  I found a link on freshmeat[3] which has a nice
description and links to the Mauve download area.  Other places
like [4] point to missing links or old versions (0.5.2) like[5].
The good news is that [5] is also located at the University of
Wisconsin (guessed from the URL) and thus chances are good to
clarify the issue.  For this version there is also a port for BSD [6]
in the biology section (hey didn't we had the goal to overturn
these guys in Debian-Med on our agenda ;-))

There seems aso be a version 0.5.3 around ... [7]
... and a version 1.0.0 [8] and even SourceForge knows the
project[9] - but no files for download.  (This is identical
if you look at the Mauve page of SourceForge.)

So my guess is that the latest version can be obtained in the
Download area of Mauve and I will try to build a Debian  package
from this and ask upstream authors to add some clarification to
their homepage.

Any comments?

I'll continue with Mauve issues

       Andreas.