Bootstrapping GT.M [Was: 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!]

[I'm forewarding this to debian-devel because this seems to be the
 right list for this kind of issues.]

Short intro for debian-devel: We are discussion about including GT.M,
a free MUMPS implementation available at
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm
into Debian to be able to package VistA, which is an enterprise grade
health care information system developed by the U.S. Department of
Veterans Affairs (VA) and deployed at nearly 1,500 facilities worldwide.
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvista

The problem is that you need a running GT.M to build GT.M in a
bootstrap process.  Please read the mail from one of the authors below.