Re: [OLPC library] [Re] 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Adrian Midgley wrote:

MUMPS underlies the commercial closed source software which has been in use in a grprportion of UK general medical practices over the last 20 years or so.

What about

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm

formerly known as GT.M

    http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/FNFIS/Markets/NonFinancialIndustries/Healthcare/
GTM/

It, EMIS, now holds the general medical practice records, whcih is to say essentially all orgnaised primary care records, for around 40% of the UK population.

We are not short of M expertise in the UK.

Great.  Do you have any idea what might be the straightforeward way to
build Debian packages from it.  While I think we might be perfectly able
to follow the install instructions to assemble files in the right place
but some basic testing should be done as well and I have no idea what to
do regarding this aspect.