Re: [OLPC library] [Re] 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!

Andreas --

GT.M is bootstrapped.  Just like you need a gcc to build a gcc, only the dependency is not as strong.  Remember that GT.M is both a language and a database, and so bootstrapping is not an unreasonable requirement.

But, in any case, this is outside my expertise.  I will take this up with the developers and get back to you.  Since I am traveling, I may not close the loop till early next week.

Out of curiosity, are you compiling GT.M as a matter of principle or because the OLPC does not have an i686 instruction set?  The binaries that we provide have gone through extensive testing whereas the binaries that you build will not have the same testing.

Regards
-- Bhaskar