Re: RFS: libcomplearn (updated package)

Hi Charles,

This slipped my mind, thanks.

Unfortunately my powerpc mac mini died recently (hard drive crash) and so I have not been able
to test the powerpc version at all.  It may very well work though and should be enabled if so.
The only two reasons I can remember that I have removed any architectures are as follows:

1) The mips-ish archs have a FTBFS problem related to libpthreads.

2) The 64-bit archs do not support lzmax and ppmdx in particular.  I can't remember if powerpc has lzma or ppmd or not... this might
be the reason or it could simply be an error on my part.  If you have such a machine and it seems to work ok, I would like to know.

It is easiest to test the tree search by just doing something like (assuming speeches has maybe 8-12 small random text files in it)
ncd -b -d speeches/ speeches/
That should make a file called distmatrix.clb
Then you can use
maketree distmatrix.clb
With luck, it will calculate a tree and output a .dot file suitable for use with neato.

Best regards,

Rudi

On 5/29/07, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
Le Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:18:01AM +0200, Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. a écrit :

>    Thanks for the question, Charles.  I have split the package. Maketree is
>    part of the libqsearch package now.  It will be necessary to get the new
>    version of libcomplearn into the archive before I can upload the new
>    libqsearch.

Thanks for the information, I built from the .dsc files on your site
(again, why excluding powerpc ?), and then realised that the distance
file I have as a starting point is not a distance matrix stricto
sensu... I guess I will have to study a bit before testing your package
for real.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy