Re: Autoconf problem (Was: Packaging of aeskulap for Debian and dcmtk issue)

Am Mittwoch, den 07.11.2007, 09:10 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:

[http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/aeskulap/]
> $ autoreconf
> /usr/share/aclocal/xmedcon.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_XMEDCON
> /usr/share/aclocal/xmedcon.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> /usr/share/aclocal/xmedcon.m4:13:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Write a bug report against the package that contains xmedcon.m4. The
given URL tells more about the issue.

> configure.in:41: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library
> src/Makefile.am:59: GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> Makefile.am: required file `./NEWS' not found
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

JFTR: autoreconf works for me. Maybe you miss the correct automake
version at your system? Looking into aclocal.m4 it seems, you need
automake1.9. Maybe you tried autoreconf without having automake 1.9
installed? Not sure. I tried it with automake1.10 installed only and it
works too. I really don't have a clue, why it fails for you.

What happens when you run: autoreconf -v -d?

Regards, Daniel