Autoconf problem (Was: Packaging of aeskulap for Debian and dcmtk issue)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:

Ahh, OK.  So in case we would package aeskulap for Debian we would
probably split the unneeded chunks of dcmtk source from the tarball
that will be used for building the Debian package which would reduce
the tarball to about 20%.

I did a quick shot at this task and uploaded the result to

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/aeskulap/

As this page states I had a problem with

$ autoreconf
configure.in:41: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library
configure.in:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

after stripping of dcmtk from Makefile.am and configure.in.

Any hints?