Re: Proposal :)

Le Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:41:43AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> >Agreed, but most things already are on the QA page (see backports, wnpp,
> >popcon)
>
> Sure.  I do not want to duplicate any code.  We might even draw the
> information
> directly from the QA page or use common code that is used to build this
> page.

Hi all,

Very interesting discussion.

I do not know how many packages can be incorporated that way, but it
easy to construct an URL which create a QA page for everything in our
radar. The debtags could be instrumental to this (field::biology plus
field::medecine).

Example of URL:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?packages=fastdnaml+njplot+tree-puzzle+phylip+treetool+hmmer+boxshade+clustalw+seaview+muscle+t-coffee+sim4+sibsim4+arb+dialign+kalign+probcons+wise+amap-align+poa+qtl+fastlink+loki+garlic+epcr+ncbi-tools6+pymol+rasmol+readseq+tigr-glimmer+bugsx+ghemical+molphy+textopo+gff2aplot+gff2ps+gdpc+mipe+perlprimer+biofox+gromacs+biosquid

I have made a pilot page on the wiki using that kind or URLs:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedBio

About the discussion on the wiki and the html websites: I think that
all are complementary:

- The wiki is easy to edit by anybody.
- Mature pages of the wiki about development could migrate in Alioth.
- Mature pages of the wiki about general usage should end up on
  www.debian.org.

The reason for this proposed dichotomy is that www.debian.org is
translated, and Alioth is not. But translation is drawing time from
Debian contributors. We should treat is as precious even if we get it
for free. (In addition, translating biomedical jargon is a great pain).
Therefore, anything which is related to development activities which are
conduced only in English are better suited for Alioth or the wiki.

About IRC, I encourage volunteers to use it, but I will not visit it
frequently. Even when I have a big screen, and I do not manage to
monitor efficiently a channel without turning it into a full-time task.
Maybe if we have opportunity to meet, the most proficient with IRC can
give the others a tutorial session ;)

Bonne journée,

--
Charles