Re: Proposal :)

Il giorno Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:44:40 +0900
Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> ha scritto:

> Hi all,

Hi Charles,

> I have made a pilot page on the wiki using that kind or URLs:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedBio

Well, I meant to _integrate_ those information on a page of ours (with a own
logo, own headings, ...). Just linking is easy :)

> About the discussion on the wiki and the html websites: I think that
> all are complementary:
>
> - The wiki is easy to edit by anybody.
> - Mature pages of the wiki about development could migrate in Alioth.
> - Mature pages of the wiki about general usage should end up on
>   www.debian.org.

You're right.

> The reason for this proposed dichotomy is that www.debian.org is
> translated, and Alioth is not. But translation is drawing time from
> Debian contributors. We should treat is as precious even if we get it
> for free. (In addition, translating biomedical jargon is a great pain).
> Therefore, anything which is related to development activities which are
> conduced only in English are better suited for Alioth or the wiki.

What's on Alioth can be translated from us.
We have got web space, we can use PHP, which has gettext() functions. We can
have our own translation files (.po), don't need to delegate to other
contributors outside Debian-Med (also because, you're right, Medical Jargon is
difficult for outsiders).

> About IRC, I encourage volunteers to use it, but I will not visit it
> frequently. Even when I have a big screen, and I do not manage to
> monitor efficiently a channel without turning it into a full-time task.
> Maybe if we have opportunity to meet, the most proficient with IRC can
> give the others a tutorial session ;)

You're always welcome to join us (me -- I'm currently all alone) on IRC :)

> Bonne journée,

Kindly,
David

--