Re: Open Bioinformatics Foundation CD

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Steffen Moeller wrote:

My understanding is that the building of a Knoppix-derivate is a
technologically well-established path for such a CD.

Well, remastering Knoppix is "well-established" but suboptimal.
Try

     apt-get install live-helper

and have 2 or three hours more to visit Vienna as your remastering
folks.

The OBF may decide for
additional packages that are not yet in Debian, they may even add bits that
are not packaged at all and will certainly have some interesting graphics
shown here and there. But, it would be sad if their CD has no link to the
packages that Debian-Med offers today. Is there anything you would want me to
stress and forward to them?

If you will show them how simple live-helper (even in including
non-Debian stuff is) they might perhaps be engaged supporting Debian
with packages to master the next live CD in even shorter time.