Open Bioinformatics Foundation CD

Hello, on http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2007 I just learned about plans to
come up with a Bioinformatics CD to be distributed by this highly influental
and representative group of bioinformatitians. They will meet in vienna in
1.5 weeks at a conference that I will also attend. I hope to have the
opportunity to meet the right people and get involved in their discussions.

My understanding is that the building of a Knoppix-derivate is a
technologically well-established path for such a CD. The OBF may decide for
additional packages that are not yet in Debian, they may even add bits that
are not packaged at all and will certainly have some interesting graphics
shown here and there. But, it would be sad if their CD has no link to the
packages that Debian-Med offers today. Is there anything you would want me to
stress and forward to them?

Cheers,

Steffen