software for fluorescence microscopy

Le Mon, May 15, 2006 at 11:40:28PM +1200, Angus McMorland a écrit :
> Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I have the feeling that the free software for microscopy
> > imaging is a bit rare. I am trying to list programs of
> > interest... any suggestion ?
>
> We do most our analysis (of confocal microscopy images) using generic
> data environments - in particular perldl (http://pdl.perl.org, already
> packaged for debian) and now scipy/numpy (http://www.scipy.org). Numpy's
> predecessors have been packaged (numeric and numarray), but the more
> recent incarnation numpy is not yet packaged (waiting for it's first
> stable release 1.0 perhaps). I'd vote +1 for inclusion of these on the
> list, so that people know they're a good option.

Dear Angus,

You do not need to vote for inclusion of software on the list, because
it is a wiki :) Did you write front-ends in your laboratory? Easy to use
frontends are what I think are missing in the field of fluorescence
microscopy. In my previous lab, we had a nice set of Tk intefaces for
easy merging or separation of RGB channels, but unfortunately it was
never released.

I am currently considering to write a simple web interface to
imagemagick, but I am suspecting that this is not the most
ressource-efficient, nor the most portable accross Win / Mac / Unix.
Actually, I already started, but if you have some programs to share,
I'll be happy to stop and do something else.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles