Re: imagej for debian

Charles Plessy wrote:
> I have the feeling that the free software for microscopy
> imaging is a bit rare. I am trying to list programs of
> interest... any suggestion ?

We do most our analysis (of confocal microscopy images) using generic
data environments - in particular perldl (http://pdl.perl.org, already
packaged for debian) and now scipy/numpy (http://www.scipy.org). Numpy's
predecessors have been packaged (numeric and numarray), but the more
recent incarnation numpy is not yet packaged (waiting for it's first
stable release 1.0 perhaps). I'd vote +1 for inclusion of these on the
list, so that people know they're a good option.

Gus.
--
Angus McMorland
email a.mcmorland@auckland.ac.nz

PhD Student, Neurophysiology / Multiphoton & Confocal Imaging
Physiology, University of Auckland
phone +64-9-3737-599 x89707

Armourer, Auckland University Fencing
Secretary, Fencing North Inc.