Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: knoppix-med: cant get past login screen

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > you here because I do not know others than Debian.  (Did you contacted
> > the psycopg authors?  The were *very* responsive in the past, once I
> > had some questions.)
> I must admit I didn't contact them as the discussion on
> gm-devel moved ahead faster than that.
I think you should at least point the authors of psycopg to your
mailing list archive.  Sometimes I get the impression that you people
at gm-devel are to fast with some decisions ...

> To be on the safe side this would be better. Most higher level
OK, I'll do so at your advise but I'd like to repeat my impression that
I regard psycopg as a very good piece of software which is very actively
maintained and worth considering twice.

> functionality GnuMed uses is at the DB-API level (and even
> there differences in adapters exist) but we do use low level
> stuff in gmBackendListener, for example, which is utterly
> non-standardised.
Hmmm, I guess you know what you are doing ...