Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: knoppix-med: cant get past login screen

> Seems very strange to me that some kind of default software is not
> installable on other public Linux distributions but I have to trust
> you here because I do not know others than Debian.  (Did you contacted
> the psycopg authors?  The were *very* responsive in the past, once I
> had some questions.)
I must admit I didn't contact them as the discussion on
gm-devel moved ahead faster than that.

> > #3rd party dependencies
> Well I have to iment this like
>
>    Depends: python-pygresql | python-psycopg | python-pgsql
>
> This implicitely means that gnumed would work with any of these.
> Or would you like the
>
>     Depends: python-pygresql
To be on the safe side this would be better. Most higher level
functionality GnuMed uses is at the DB-API level (and even
there differences in adapters exist) but we do use low level
stuff in gmBackendListener, for example, which is utterly
non-standardised.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346