Re: knoppix-med: cant get past login screen

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Andreas Tille wrote:
> OK, I'll do so at your advise but I'd like to repeat my impression that
> I regard psycopg as a very good piece of software which is very actively
> maintained and worth considering twice.

Karsten,
  We have been quite happy with psycopg as well. The OIO project migrated
from PyGreSQL to Psycopg last year. A short description of migration
rationale and issues are here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/aho/oio_utils/ZPyGreSQL_to_ZPsycopg

> > functionality GnuMed uses is at the DB-API level (and even
> > there differences in adapters exist) but we do use low level
> > stuff in gmBackendListener, for example, which is utterly
> > non-standardised.

I can't speak to your rationale for depending on "low level stuff".
However, I have not encountered any reason to do so and can think of many
reasons why it is a terrible idea.

Best regards,

Andrew
---