Re: Public Domain Drug Database?

On 24 Jan 2002, Elizabeth Barham wrote:

> I am very excited about this whole project. I read the page about how
> everyone is in need of a public domain drug database. I have a book
> entitled "American Drug Index:2000" which has many drugs in it but
> they are not in the public domain unfortunatly. Does anyone have any
> ideas on how to create a listing that is entirely public domain?
I have to admit that I do not have any really good idea.
The only one is just to enforce Debian-Med to get a working system and
present it to the national health care ministry.  It's kind of their
job to care for a decrease of costs in health care.  Thus they perhaps
could have an idea or just pay some money to get a free database.

Any better idea????

> Also, for medical dictation, debian has a package entitled
> "transcriber" (trans) - it looks very nice but I tried it a little
> while ago and mp3's just caused static. But it is especially nice for
> one would be able to take the dictations and put them on the computer
> and turn it on and off via a keystroke, thus there would not be need
> for a transcriber (such as a Dictaphone).
Smells like something as a

      med-office

metapackage.  Never heard about this package, but may be it is
useful.  I get more and more the impression that the greatest
benefit of the Debian-Med project is just to find out what is
really useful for different tasks and pick the best things up
for a special kind of users.