Re: Public Domain Drug Database?

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of writing a medication rating system
that is an online web application in which users are able to give
comments about medications that they have used. One of it's features
is to allow people to enter in new medications if it is not currently
available. For this, though, they must enter in certain requirements,
such as the name of the drug and it's manufacturer.

I'm no expert in the field of medicine (I'm physicist by profession) but
I would have real problems if this information would be reliable if
anybody could enter new data.

I personally doubt that this could lead to a good information resource
but you are the expert.

Pretty much exactly what I think.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2102244,00.html

Here is the link, that shows how such data can be forged, especialy when the person that wants to change the oppinion of something is financialy interested in forging the survey (or oppinions).

Iztok (Slovenia)