Public Domain Drug Database?

Hi,

I am very excited about this whole project. I read the page about how
everyone is in need of a public domain drug database. I have a book
entitled "American Drug Index:2000" which has many drugs in it but
they are not in the public domain unfortunatly. Does anyone have any
ideas on how to create a listing that is entirely public domain?

Also, for medical dictation, debian has a package entitled
"transcriber" (trans) - it looks very nice but I tried it a little
while ago and mp3's just caused static. But it is especially nice for
one would be able to take the dictations and put them on the computer
and turn it on and off via a keystroke, thus there would not be need
for a transcriber (such as a Dictaphone).

Thank you,
Elizabeth