Re: E-Mail connectivity for doctors

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Sounds reasonable, especially since data files would have to
> be updated in a timely manner anyways.
This could be done in two different ways:
  - The maintainer has to care about updates of the installer package.
    This would be quite hard, because users will normally run the
    stable distribution and stable allows only security fixes which
    would not really fit our target.  The alternative would be a
    separate apt-get - able archive.
  - Install a cron job which regularly checks f-prot homepage.
    There is a utility named "uscan" which is able to scan
    upstream hosts for new versions according to a regular expression.
    I recently heard that it works perfectly but did not try myself.

> Another main reason for mentioning f-prot was that a) their
> engine is very good as far as I can tell (it used to be good
> many years ago already) and ) it natively runs on Linux.
Well, so anybody want's to do the job?
It's not the kind of job for people like me who do not have any
used DOS/Win partitions which are target for those stupid viruses ;-)).