Re: Public Domain Drug Database?

> Hi,
>
> I am very excited about this whole project. I read the page about how
> everyone is in need of a public domain drug database. I have a book
> entitled "American Drug Index:2000" which has many drugs in it but
> they are not in the public domain unfortunatly. Does anyone have any
> ideas on how to create a listing that is entirely public domain?
We have been wrestling with this in several countries,
including Australia, Germany and the US. Drug information can
be obtained from the companies fairly easily. It is a huge
job, however, to put it into a coherent database.

Just yesterday I finally managed to obtain a copy of an
uptodate, format documented, comprehensive drug/interaction
database. I am bound to only use it for internal development,
though. I hear rumors that things are looking good in
Australia with MIMS as well. And there is the Multum
database in the US.

Also, public domain probably isn't the best possible licensing
status for a drug listing.

There's also a few legal repercussions in this topic.

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346