Re: E-Mail connectivity for doctors

> > > Hmm, I'm not sure if they are DFSG compatible.  Any URL to the licenses?
> > I doubt very much that one can be made compatible.
> > www.complex.is
> In fact I can't see any license statement, but there isn't any source and
> I doubt that it will be in the near future.  On the other hand if someone
> does not know what to do for Debian-Med:  Writing an E-Mail to the authors
> and talk to them about releasing source code and making the product
> free software is also a valuable job ...
They most certainly won't do that. Their virus definitions and
core detection engine are their very lifeblood. This is a
service industry where the software isn't written once and
then incrementally improved until it is just right. The engine
needs to get major updates regularly to stay on top of
viruses. I don't like this fact but I have to admit I can see
their point clearly. When I suggested f-prot for consideration
I wasn't thinking of accomodating Debian politics but only
thinking of what would be needed for a secure medical email
appliance.

So, perhaps f-port should be left out of the eqation and
delivered separately. A GPL'ed script for automatic download,
installation and update of f-prot that's shipped with med-email
should suffice.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346