Re: E-Mail connectivity for doctors

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> They most certainly won't do that. Their virus definitions and
> core detection engine are their very lifeblood. This is a
> service industry where the software isn't written once and
> then incrementally improved until it is just right. The engine
> needs to get major updates regularly to stay on top of
> viruses. I don't like this fact but I have to admit I can see
> their point clearly.
I understand this.  But you are currently doing their job in explaining
their business.  I would think it is worth a try just to ask them.
May be they never thought about that and perhaps thei might think
something over.  If I were you I wouldn't do their job and just file
a question to their E-mail address. :)

> So, perhaps f-port should be left out of the eqation and
> delivered separately. A GPL'ed script for automatic download,
> installation and update of f-prot that's shipped with med-email
> should suffice.
I forgot to mention this.  Yes, this could work as for realplayer and
others.