Re: E-Mail connectivity for doctors

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> >> amavis
> www.amavis.org GPL
Ah, yes. Did not noticed.  See Bug #121205.  So there might be Debian
packages in the near future and it can be include into med-email-server.

> > Hmm, I'm not sure if they are DFSG compatible.  Any URL to the licenses?
> I doubt very much that one can be made compatible.
> www.complex.is
In fact I can't see any license statement, but there isn't any source and
I doubt that it will be in the near future.  On the other hand if someone
does not know what to do for Debian-Med:  Writing an E-Mail to the authors
and talk to them about releasing source code and making the product
free software is also a valuable job ...
I did so in the past with other software (with no real success but it
is woth a try anyway).  Perhaps people from Iceland are diffrent from those
I talked formerly.  Generally I like Iceland very much ...
   http://www.physik.uni-halle.de/~e2od5/island  :)

> >> mime-defang
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/
Filed RFP bug report.  See wnpp package in some minutes.

> >> tea
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/tea/
Filed RFP bug report.  See wnpp package in some minutes.
Problems:
  - License allows only distributing in non-free (if it would allow
    distribution by Debian at all)
  - seems to be unmaintained upstream since more than 2 years.

> >> antivore
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/antivore/
License: "Free To Use But Restricted"
Could someone sort out the particular license?

If it is OK just use the reportbug program to file a RFP bug against
the wnpp package.

> >> theanomymailsanitizer
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/theanomymailsanitizer/
Filed RFP bug report.  See wnpp package in some minutes.

> >> Mutt :-)
> > Uhm, I just have to switch from pine to mutt myself ;-)).
> If you are a console person at all give it a try.
Pine runs perfectly on console :).
It has the great advantage that my fingers do the right things without
thinking at all.  For mutt I just have to read manuals and I hate
reading manuals about problems I just solved (with pine).

Someone willing to create a short overview page of the targets of a
     med-email-server
     med-email-client
metapackage?  I would like put it to
     http://auric.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/