Re: Dental practice - Odontolinux!

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Andrew Ho wrote:

>   Thanks for copying the message to me! I just subscribed to the
> debian-med list. Is there a list archive somewhere? I like to catch up if
> I can.

     http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2002/debian-med-200201/threads.html

(Just obtained after the scheme of the other lists.  I just filed a bug
against www.debian.org that the list will be displayed on the apropriate
pages.

> I like to know more about OdontoLinux. Also, I think there is much that
> can be learned from FreeMed and TkFp.
According to FreeMed it seems to be dead.  There is no trafic in the
mailing list at all since several month.  The web pages are unrechable.
There is some fork mentioned at the EU Spirit pages.  I think it's time
to grab the latest source / CVS to not leave the project at all.
It could serve as a PHP-frontend to GnuMed in my opinion.

> GnuMed and OdontoLinux seem similar
> to these projects in some ways.
In which points do you see the similiarities?

> Back to the issue of flexible schema and inter-schema operations. I would
> be most interested to hear your view on OIO's attempt to address these
> issues.
I just downloaded OIO to have a look and build a package.  But this might
last a couple of days.

> The OIO system does provide some capabilities for the "auto-creation" of
> user's own management system. Hopefully, we will be able to expand these
> capabilities so that increasingly more complex and customizable workflow
> will be supported. Currently, the main workflows are:
>  1) add/search for a patient, pick a form, fillout form
>  2) select a patient, view data, import/export patient record (as XML)
>  3) create report, drill-down analysis, export data
>  4) add/edit a form, add/edit items on the form, archive form
>  5) download form from OIO Library/select form, import/export form as XML
>  6) various patient list creation and editing operations
I consider this to be nice features.  I'm dreaming of a system which uses
the (enhanced?) GnuMed server which is used by OIO, Odontolinux! and
perhaps some other clients.

> Thanks, I am working on a scheduling module. This will be the first step
> towards having a "workflow editor".
Great.