E-Mail connectivity for doctors (Was: Dental practice - Odontolinux!)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> ages ago I contacted those guys
>
> http://www.multimedvision.de/medisec/
> (German)
>
> suggesting to use Debian as a proven, secure and stable base
> for a "secure medical email appliance" box. Unfortunately,
> beyond initial interest there never was any real follow-up.
>
> Is this a direction into which Debian-Med might want to go as
> well, providing secure basic E-Mail connectivity for doctors ?
I really see no reason why Debian should not be the thing they are
looking for.  If you think that there are special requirements for
this purpose we could try to build a meta package like junior-internet
in the Debian-Junior project.  The idea behind this is that a
webbrowser is nothing special for children but we could just
recommend some browsers which we consider to be easy to use.

If you would have some special kind of software in mind just
propose packages which should be made the base of

    med-email

Or even

    med-email-server
    med-email-client

Or such stuff like

    med-office
    med-browser

I think med-internet makes no sense in this case.  But suggesting a
limited set of browsers which perhaps fit best for some medical projects
would make sense.