Re: Dental practice - Odontolinux!

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 02:59:41PM -0800, Andrew Ho wrote:

I have put an Odontolinux! Live demo here:

http://www.bigpaul.org/odontolinux

The version is not so updated. I am working to fix some bugs.
Please USE it. Feel free to enter data. Any comment would
be appreciated.
You know, the english version is quite new.
This means two things:

1) translations are not checked.
2) the program was born to be italian (for my dental office)
   and so there are italian "things" like invoice
   layout, physcal ID, and so on.

> I like to know more about OdontoLinux. Also, I think there is much that
> can be learned from FreeMed and TkFp. GnuMed and OdontoLinux seem similar
> to these projects in some ways.

mmmm. my dream seems similar to gnumed :-)
I have to know more about GNUmed. URL? gnu.org?

> > It may be possible to merge OdontoLinux and GNUmed such that
> > OdontoLinux becomes a PHP based frontend for GNUmed patient
> > tables and provides additional specialized dental care tables.
>
> Back to the issue of flexible schema and inter-schema operations. I would
> be most interested to hear your view on OIO's attempt to address these
> issues.

I don't understand... and I did not understand the joke
about OIO posted yesterday.
Please explain me, I hope not to be so stupid, but
I really can't understand.

> There are generally two ways to become compatible. Two tables (schema)
> can be identical. Or, there can be a mechanism to translate between the
> two.
>
> > I am downloading to have a look.

> > Talk to Andrew :-)   In OIO there's things between Haven and
> > Erth that we know not of...  (sorry for this much convoluted
> > aggregate quote).
>
> The OIO system does provide some capabilities for the "auto-creation" of
> user's own management system. Hopefully, we will be able to expand these
> capabilities so that increasingly more complex and customizable workflow
> will be supported. Currently, the main workflows are:
>  1) add/search for a patient, pick a form, fillout form
>  2) select a patient, view data, import/export patient record (as XML)
>  3) create report, drill-down analysis, export data
>  4) add/edit a form, add/edit items on the form, archive form
>  5) download form from OIO Library/select form, import/export form as XML
>  6) various patient list creation and editing operations

Ok, I am starting to understand...
but please explain more.

After all, I repeat: It's just a dream for now. Odontolinux! is
just a dental management software, whose routines could be used
for a more wide program. But I first would like to solve
Odontolinux! bugs and problems.

Gaetano

--
Gaetano Paolone GnuPG:69A5 548C 4145 1116 8CA9  2CB5 9448 3FA3 54DB 33D3
  Debian developer - bigpaul@debian.org.  Home: http://www.bigpaul.org