Re: Dental practice - Odontolinux!

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Gaetano Paolone wrote:

> Ah, I forgot to say: I am the author of the program. (me and Roberto Kaitsas)
That's the case why I stated

  * Help upstream authors to get their products packaged for Debian.

as an item in the project goals.  I consider the upstream author as the
person who is the best maintainer because he knows the software best and
has the shortest connection to upstream :).

> I am a dentist, an italian dentist, and I am also a Debian developer.
> I was thinking of recycling odontolinux to make it
> more "generic" and suitable for generic medical practice.
I strongly suggest to contact GnuMed.  In my opinion it is a project with
a rock solid design providing enough flexibility to keep national health
of different countries in mind.  It is also based on PostgreSQL which
might make it easier to gain profit for both.

> My dream would be to make a tool to permit users
> to auto-create his own management system.
Nice dream :).  I really hope that the authorities from the health care
system accept such stuff once it is written ;-).