Re: (semi-)automatic unclaim of packages with more than 2 weeks of inactivity (and missing DLAs on www.do)

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 12:59:54PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> In this particular case of missing web imports, one real issue is a
> fragile workflow involving duplicate mail/web announcements due to lack
> of automation/integration.

sure, and my remarks are just to help with this sub-optimal workflow.

> Still in this particular case, in our process the team coordinator cites
> contributors by running a heuristic-based script, and forwarding it
> verbatim to the team (and the whole Internet), so I believe this isn't a
> case where the contributor would need to learn to cope, but a case where
> public naming is error-prone and not appropriate. Hence why I replaced
> the last-committer name with package+date for missing website imports.
>
> That being said, I think the current process for reporting stalled and
> multiples claims is good enough as-is :)

I don't understand why you think naming people and package names is ok
for stalled updates and multiple claims but not for stalled announcements.
could you please explain and make me understand?

--
cheers,
	Holger

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.