Re: (semi-)automatic unclaim of packages with more than 2 weeks of inactivity (and missing DLAs on www.do)

Hi

On 18/08/2020 00:08, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I believe that wouldn't change anything. If the script would only
> complain about DLA reservations X hours old, of course $you would send
> the DLA right after my mail / after X hours + 2 minutes.

I was thinking of 24h, in which case it's perfectly justified to be
notified.
Anyway I settled for printing the DLA date.

Spurious notifications waste time, we better fix them.
(I also dislike when debwatch mails me about a new upstream release
while I'm upstream and I already uploaded a Debian package ;))

> p.s.: as an after thought re: "don't harass me" (though I get it was a
> joke, but I think the joke conveyed a useful notion): maybe my semiautomatic
> mails should have a permanent disclaimer that being 'called out' by them is
> nothing bad and doesn't deserve any explaination, just fixing? I've just took
> a note to do so next monday, please help me to word this disclaimer nicely.

Whether the e-mail is from a human or from a machine, whether it has a
disclaimer or not, it's never pleasing to be called out.
We better do it only when there's a valid reason.
Which I think is the case for the prior parts of the weekly e-mail.

Cheers!
Sylvain