Re: paid LTS work imposing load on volunteers and other side effects (Re: zsh_5.0.7-5+deb8u1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Hi Holger,

> I'm also vaguely pondering to do a survey among the Debian developers / teams.
> Given LTS is now 6 years old I think this could be useful.

I think the usefulness of this would very much depend on the
specificity of the questions we ask.

There are a few contributors that I can immediately think of that are
not shy in expressing their opinions on the LTS project when asked in
general terms, so learning of these criticisms yet again would not be
especially new and thus informative to us. I believe we would receive
these if our query was along the lines of "So, everybody, what do you
think of the Debian LTS initiative?".

In contrast, being made aware of things that we do not already know
(such as quietly imposing workloads on other teams) would be highly
valuable to learn given the social implications of doing this.

      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      lamby@debian.org 🍥 chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-