paid LTS work imposing load on volunteers and other side effects (Re: zsh_5.0.7-5+deb8u1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:01:38AM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > FTP Masters, can you confirm that appropriate steps are being taken to
> > allo the upload of zsh 5.0.7-5+deb8u1?
> Still nothing from the FTP masters.  The DLA has already been reserved
> and others which come chronologically after have actually been
> published.  This is no doubt going to confuse some users.  Can someone
> please help get this sorted out so that the zsh upload can be processed?

I was approached that Debian LTS is causing some friction / unforseen side
effects in some other Debian teams (*) and am currently collecting examples,
and have added this to my list. Here a paid activity (the zsh upload) is
causing work to volunteers who haven't (neccessarily) volunteered to do LTS
work.

Mind you: this is just an example and as far as I know the ftpmasters are
in general happy to support LTS within reason. (Just pressuring just after 48h
after the initial request might be a bit too much. Dunno.)

If you know other such examples / areas, please let me now.

I'm also vaguely pondering to do a survey among the Debian developers / teams.
Given LTS is now 6 years old I think this could be useful.

(*) while stil being seen positive and desired.

--
cheers,
	Holger