Re: jessie-updates gone

On 27/03/2019 13:33, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> adding Jörg to the loop who is our responsible FTP master and the only
> one who can make that happen.

Actually there are three ftp-masters, not just one :-)

> Am 27.03.19 um 12:50 schrieb Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
>> On 27.03.19 11:20, Bernie Elbourn wrote:
>>> I am very grateful for all the work done here. You are all heroes!
>>>
>>> Can I gently ask if we can just blank the stretch-updates archive next
>>> time
>>> round please.  Otherwise every stable machine out there now will need a
>>> change.
>>
>> That's what I meant too. I probably should have emphasized that.
>>
>>> If it is possible to wiz up a blank jessie-updates this will save me
>>> visiting a bunch of systems throwing apt errors in next few days.
>>
>> I wonder if it wasn't blank already. All of its contents was supposed to be
>> moved to jessie main archive with last point release and no content should
>> be there after that.
>
> So the idea is to readd the empty jessie-updates directory to avoid apt
> errors when updating? Jörg is this possible?

Yes, I talked to them earlier today and they agreed to bringing it back to avoid
these problems on users that have jessie-updates on their sources.list.

jessie-proposed-updates could also be brought back, though that's not enabled by
default upon installation so it should be less problematic if it stays removed
(though some people may have it so it wouldn't hurt to bring it back as well).

Cheers,
Emilio