Re: Removal of 'arm64' from debian-security repo breaks community projects

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 09:37:54AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> > However, we *really* should push people to update their software usage
> > more frequently than this. Jessie was released more than 3 years ago,
> > and even with LTS support I wouldn't recommend sticking there for
> > arm64. Lots of fixes and updates won't flow back that far.
> Yes of course.  We can work with many of the projects to move over,
> but for now I really wish that so many community projects didn't just
> stop working with little/no warning.

there has been *plenty* of warning. it was totally clear that jessie would
not be supported one year after the release of stretch as this is how it
has been for the last 20 years.

also, https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/ since more than a year explained that
jessie LTS would not support arm64, so again, plenty of warning.

if your company is interested in having LTS support for arm64, have you
considered sponsoring the work?

--
cheers,
	Holger