Re: tre package ready for testing

On 2016-10-27 07:52:13, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>> > Well, the package included a test suite, but I had it disabled since a
>> > long time because (I think) there was a test which failed.
>> >
>> > I have now enabled it but without making errors fatals, this is
>> > suboptimal, of course, but it's just a start:
>> >
>> > override_dh_auto_test:
>> >         dh_auto_test || true
>> >
>> > I now see that the failing test needs a locale setting which is not
>> > guaranteed to be available in the autobuilders.
>>
>> You can usally build-depend on locales-all for this (though I think you
>> need some sort of alternative to not break the build dependency on
>> Ubuntu).
>
> The output of the test suite may be found here after the unstable
> upload I did yesterday night:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=tre&arch=amd64&ver=0.8.0-5&stamp=1477526912
>
> Quote:

> FAIL: wretest
> =============
>
> Could not set locale en_US.ISO-8859-1.  Expect some
> Invalid or incomplete multi-byte sequence' errors.
>
> I would need to enable en_US.ISO-8859-1, and apparently locales-all is
> not enough, because after installing locales-all this is what I get:
>
> $ LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1
> bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.ISO-8859-1)
>
> Does the locales-all package enable any other *.ISO-8859-1 locale
> which I could use instead? I'm starting to remember why I did not
> enable the test suite in the past...

Hmm... it seems to work here:

[1014]anarcat@angela:tre-0.8.0$ sudo DIST=wheezy ARCH=amd64 cowbuilder --login
[...]
root@angela:/# apt-get install locales-all
[...]
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 perl
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# man man
-bash: man : commande introuvable
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# LC_ALL=C
root@angela:/usr/share/doc/locales-all# man man
-bash: man: command not found

This also works in the build if i add locales-all to build-deps:

Ran 25 tests (500 expanded) from 4 suites.
4/4 tests OK
PASS: run-tests.sh
==================
All 1 tests passed
==================
[...]
PASS: test-str-source
[...]
All 51091 tests passed.
No memory leaks.
Peak memory consumption 204596 bytes (199.8 kB, 0.2 MB) in 279 blocks (average 733 bytes per block).
PASS: retest
[...]
All 51237 tests passed.
No memory leaks.
Peak memory consumption 203272 bytes (198.5 kB, 0.2 MB) in 278 blocks (average 731 bytes per block).
PASS: wretest
==================
All 3 tests passed

All this considered, I'll just ship this in wheezy already. :)

Here's my final debdiff, it may just apply as-is in unstable:

If you are unfamiliar with the process, I'd be happy to help you with
the jessie update as well!

A.

--
Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions
of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught