Re: working for wheezy-security until wheezy-lts starts

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> Whoops. Just noticed that libpostproc-dev is provided by the old libav,
> however not provided by the new libav. I had thought it was another
> source package.

What do I do with ffmpeg?

Looks like this use to be provided by libav.

Jessie doesn't have ffmpeg (except in backports).

Stretch has ffmpeg new package from new source.

So guessing the solution might be to backport the stretch version to
wheezy?

Some packages from wheezy do depend on ffmpeg (e.g. synfig).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>