Re: working for wheezy-security until wheezy-lts starts

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Brian May wrote:
> Looks like a total of 85 packages failed to build and 46 packages
> succeeded. So me thinks this strategy of using the Jessie version in
> wheezy may not be a feasible option.

Unless you can revert some of the problematic change or add some
compatibility code. I have not looked at the failures but Moritz seemed to
imply that many of the changes were mechanical like renames of macros and
functions. Maybe we can add back the old names to fix most of the
failures?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer