Re: working for wheezy-security until wheezy-lts starts

Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> writes:

> That would work for some of the changes, but there's also other API changes.
>
> In general, all the libav transitions have been handled via the BTS, so patches
> should be found there. Some packages also ended up being incompatible/abandoned
> and were eventuall removed, so please also check whether any of the failing
> packages are actually still in jessie. Otherwise they should be EOLed.
>
> Also, Brian's build logs also list chromium, which is already EOLed in wheezy
> for a while (since current Chromium requires a newer G++).

Still a lot of packages.

Is any binary packages going to break if we just upload the new libav
without changing anything else? Does it matter if this causes FTBFS in
supported packages before if/we fix them too?

It looks like the soname is different, that is good.

libpostproc-dev will be uninstallable - does this matter?

Or do we have to somehow upload everything in one single atomic batch?

For now, I am going to look at creating a simple staging area with
reprepro on people.debian.org
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>