Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts
- From: Raphael Hertzog <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:33:41 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20160422083341.GA3135@home.ouaza.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Raphael Hertzog <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20160418073744.GA6305@home.ouaza.com>
- References: <[🔎] 20160415080345.GA10115@home.ouaza.com> <[🔎] 20160418073744.GA6305@home.ouaza.com>
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> In the mean time, the sponsor clarified that they will join as "gold
> sponsor" so they are effectively sponsoring 8 hours of work per month,
> which seems to be enough to cover for the increased work that those
> ports might represent.
The sponsorship is now confirmed since they have paid for a full year
already. Plat'Home is the fourth gold LTS sponsor.
>From IRC discussions it looks like that the buildd maintainers
(at least Neil Williams and Riku Voipio) have no objections to supporting
armel/armhf (Riku is rather pleased by it). On the ftpmaster side,
I had no official feedback but at least Ansgar seemed to be
fine with it when I asked him on IRC. On the Debian Admin side, I have
not had any feedback yet.
The LTS period is about to start soon and we will send out an announce
soon... it would be nice to be able to say a word about armel/armhf, so
an official confirmation from ftpmasters/DSA would be nice.
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer
Support Debian LTS: http://www.freexian.com/services/debian-lts.html
Learn to master Debian: http://debian-handbook.info/get/