Re: LTS Frontdesk duties

Am 21.04.2016 um 16:33 schrieb Antoine Beaupré:
> On 2016-04-21 04:48:26, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
[...]
>> So I suggest you to go ahead and do assignations. If you want to let
>> people pick weeks by themselves, just do it for a few days and then
>> arbitrarily assign the remaining weeks.
>
> I agree this will not scale. We should just have some script that
> shuffles a list for the year once and be done with it.
>
> I'd be glad to generate the list if no one else steps up.

I would keep it simple. Just make an announcement on debian-lts and ask
contributors to pick one week maximum per month for the next three
months. Wait one week and give everyone the opportunity to react to this
announcement. After that everyone is free to pick as many remaining
weeks as possible in the three month time frame and after that feel free
to assign weeks as needed to people who haven't had many frontdesk
assignments before. Repeat after three months.

Making a schedule for a whole year is rather difficult due to the influx
of new contributors and (temporary) departure of old contributors.

*just my 2 cents*

Markus