Re: working for wheezy-security until wheezy-lts starts

Hi,

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Brian May wrote:
> Is any binary packages going to break if we just upload the new libav
> without changing anything else? Does it matter if this causes FTBFS in
> supported packages before if/we fix them too?
> It looks like the soname is different, that is good.
> libpostproc-dev will be uninstallable - does this matter?
> Or do we have to somehow upload everything in one single atomic batch?

Well, the point of switching to a new version is to get the security
fixes. If we upload the new version but keep most applications using the
old one, then applications will still be vulnerable...

So while we don't have to do it all in a batch, I think it's best if we do
it that way. Or decide upfront which package we fix and which packages we
drop from support.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer