Re: Archive of squeeze-lts ?

On 2016-03-24 13:59:34, Johnathon Tinsley wrote:

>>> I'm seeing this when trying to fetch lts packages from
>>> archive.debian.org at the moment. Anyone know a good contact for them?
>>>
>>> E: Release file expired, ignoring
>>> http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze-lts/Release (invalid
>>> since 9d 1h 10min 4s)
>> Thats expected and won't change. Time to upgrade.
>
> So.. you're dumping all of the work the squeeze-lts team did, rather
> than archiving it?  How is that fair on the contributors, or the sponsors?

Hm... the archive is there, the key just expired. Not sure what the
archive.debian.org people can do about this.

> Assuming someone *has* to use squeeze for some reason, this'll give them
> that many more security vulnerabilities over just even the old
> squeeze-lts archive?

It will give them the old squeeze-lts archive, provided they ignore he
security warning somehow. I *think* there is a way to do that in Apt.

A.

--
C'est trop facile quand les guerres sont finies
D'aller gueuler que c'était la dernière