Re: Archive of squeeze-lts ?

Am 24.03.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Johnathon Tinsley:

>>> I'm seeing this when trying to fetch lts packages from
>>> archive.debian.org at the moment. Anyone know a good contact for them?
>>>
>>> E: Release file expired, ignoring
>>> http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze-lts/Release (invalid
>>> since 9d 1h 10min 4s)
>> Thats expected and won't change. Time to upgrade.
>>

> So.. you're dumping all of the work the squeeze-lts team did, rather
> than archiving it?  How is that fair on the contributors, or the sponsors?
>
> Assuming someone *has* to use squeeze for some reason, this'll give them
> that many more security vulnerabilities over just even the old
> squeeze-lts archive?

squeeze-lts has been archived on archive.debian.org. The warning is
valid and it reminds people that the support for Squeeze has ended.

If you want to ignore this warning you can use the following apt-get option:

-o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false

sudo apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false update

However Alexander is absolutely right, our recommendation is to upgrade
to a supported version either Wheezy or Jessie.

Regards,

Markus