Re: The content of /etc/apt/sources.list

On 05/23/2015 12:36 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

tried searching for more RAM? there's also some small probability to get
better/faster CPU for the same socket, e.g. Pentium 3.

I'm afraid xfce won't be very fast on such machine, switching to LXDE
_could_ help (not sure tho).

However, if the machine acts as FW/GW, you don't really need X there...

Thank you for ideas. Updating that peace of hardware is not an option (yet). However, playing with various desktop environments will occur. You are right on X, however I forgot to tell that I do need an average GUI there for icedove and some other stuff, but that's a long story ...

Misko