Re: New problem with GIMP plugin file-jpeg

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> > Perhaps, clarifiication as to what exactly is the purpose of the list,
> > could be helpful, so that users of Debian 6 LTS, would know that the
> > mailing lists is not for the benefit of users of Debian 6 LTS; for
> > discussion and resolution of problems encountered in the course of the
> > use of the Debian 6 LTS system, and, achieving resolution of such
> > problems; that the list is instead, for the benefit of the Debian 6
> > LTS developers.
>
> I'm a Squeeze user and follow this list from the beginning, but I am not
> part of the team, so I cannot clarify.
> IMHO, the general Debian user support channels serve better as first
> step (even with LTS), but I may be wrong.

FWIW, I agree with Laura, you're welcome to discuss here when you
have some specific problem that you can attribute to an update we made.
Or when you want to discuss the LTS project in general.

However for user support, when you don't have enough data to pinpoint a
problem down to its source, then it's best to try to get help from a
user list with a larger reader base than here.

Brett, in your specific case, it seems rather unlikely that Gimp being broken
can be attributed to the file or jasper updates. Trying on another
machine (possibly a virtual machine) and/or in a freshly created user
account will give you more clue on whether it's a local problem or
something more important.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer