Re: security.debian.org vs debian-lts respository

On 2014-10-04 11:30, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
What about squeeze-updates (formerly volatile)?
Are they still needed?
Are security fixes applied to packages in squeeze or squeeze-updates?

On 04.10.14 12:09, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
That question doesn't make sense. squeeze-updates is a strict subset of squeeze (technically squeeze+o-p-u, until a point release). There are never packages in squeeze-updates which are not also in squeeze+o-p-u.

this is what I wanted to know and what I hoped for...
I think I have already asked about that some time ago.

(In fact, I'm tempted to clear out squeeze-updates, as all of the packages have now been part of a point release and are thus in squeeze proper.)

there still are versions in security that are lower in main, were they
missed
openjdk-6-jre:
  Installed: 6b31-1.13.3-1~deb6u1
  Candidate: 6b31-1.13.3-1~deb6u1
  Version table:
 *** 6b31-1.13.3-1~deb6u1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     6b18-1.8.13-0+squeeze2 0
        500 http://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages
davfs2:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.4.6-1.1+squeeze1
  Version table:
     1.4.6-1.1+squeeze1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
     1.4.6-1 0
        500 http://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

and also others from openjdk-6 family:
openjdk-6-jdk
openjdk-6-doc
openjdk-6-jre-headless
openjdk-6-dbg
openjdk-6-demo
openjdk-6-source
openjdk-6-jre-lib

... and even the vice versa, seems (left from before last point release?)

postgresql-client:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 8.4.22-0+deb6u1
  Version table:
     8.4.22-0+deb6u1 0
        500 http://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-lts/main amd64 Packages
     8.4.21-0squeeze1 0
        500 http://ftp.sk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages
     8.4.20-0squeeze1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
[...]

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.