Query about validity of updates

Hello.

I have just booted up a Debian 6 LTS system (laptop), and found an
update notification (panel applet notification).

The problem is that, in Synaptic, that it opens up, I get a list of
unauthenticated updates, with the same packages being listed also as
upgrades, and, when I close Synaptic, and click on the panel yellow
star notification icon, when that opens Update Manager, I get the list
of updates, as "Third-party updates", and both include various apache,
bash, php, and library packages.

This is not consistent with what I expect for the particular packages,
and, I do not remember getting these results, when I updated this
Debian 6 LTS system, from which I am sending this message.

Thus, I am not confident that the update system, has not been breached.

Could what is happening, be clarified, please?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale