Re: Draft announce of Debian 6 LTS, please review quickly

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 03:15:31PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 13. Juni 2014, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Please review the attached draft, share your comments and let me know if I
> > missed your company.
>
> I don't like the focus / expressed view that LTS is made possible by
> sponsoring organisations rather than volunteers. I think it sets a bad
> precedence.

Ah!  *That's* what was bothering me.  It read far too much like an ad for a
bunch of companies.

> And this despite as far as I know all LTS work has been voluntary so far.

Certainly has been for me.  I convinced my employer-at-the-time to let me
work on LTS stuff on work time, but I then left them, so I'm doing LTS work
on my own time now.

- Matt